Definition of functional determinant
: a determinant whose constituents are partial derivatives of one set of variables as to another set, each row containing derivatives of only one variable and each column derivatives as to only one variable
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game