ful·min·ic acid | \ (ˈ)fu̇l¦|minik-, ¦fəl¦|\
Definition of fulminic acid
: an unstable acid CNOH isomeric with cyanic acid and known only in solution (as ether, in which it polymerizes rapidly) and in the form of highly explosive salts
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?