fugitive from justicenoun
Definition of fugitive from justice
: a person (such as a criminal suspect or witness) who tries to elude law enforcement especially by fleeing the jurisdiction : fugitive … when I declare myself as her counsel, I have to surrender her or be charged with harboring a fugitive from justice.— James M. Cain
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game