freshen upphrasal verb
freshened up; freshening up; freshens up
Definition of freshen up
: to wash oneself in order to feel clean and fresh I feel like I need to freshen up after my long trip.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game