french bluenoun, often capitalized F
Definition of french blue
1 : a strong purplish blue that is the color of ultramarine prepared artificially
— called also artificial ultramarine, French ultramarine, Gmelin's blue, Guimet's blue, lime blue, new blue, permanent blue
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game