Definition of freewill offering
: a voluntary religious offering made in addition to what is required by a vow, tithe, or pledge she preached on shipboard and a freewill offering from the passengers enabled her to get back east— M. L. Bach
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?