frax·in | \ ˈfraksə̇n\
Definition of fraxin
: a bitter yellowish crystalline glucoside C16H18O10 found especially in the bark of the ash and the horse chestnut
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game