frac·tion·al·ism | \ -shənᵊlˌizəm, -shənəˌli-\
Definition of fractionalism
1 : the state of consisting of separate usually nonhomogeneous or inharmonious units the fractionalism of a modern society striving toward unity
2 : the action of forming or encouraging the formation of a fraction within the Communist party
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?