Definition of foxtail
1a : the tail of a fox
b : something resembling the tail of a fox
2 : any of several grasses (especially genera Alopecurus, Hordeum, and Setaria) with spikes resembling brushes
— called also foxtail grass
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game