Definition of fox encephalitis
: a virus disease of foxes, dogs, and related animals that is marked by virus invasion of endothelial tissues especially of smaller blood vessels resulting in local hemorrhage which damages the tissues of the affected area and leads to inflammation of the brain or other organs
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game