Definition of four-spot
1 : a four in cards or dice
2 or fourspot flounder \ ˈ⸗ˌ⸗- \ or less commonly four-spotted flounder \ ˈ⸗ˌ⸗⸗- \ : a flatfish (Paralichthys oblongus) of the eastern coast of the U.S.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- “In Vino Veritas” and Other Latin Phrases to Live By
- 7 Shakespearean Insults to Make Life More Interesting
- Word Well Used: 'Resplendent'
- Machiavellianism and (A Whole Lot) More
Ask the Editors
- That Sounds Right/Write/Wright Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game