for·ster·ite | \ ˈfȯ(r)stəˌrīt\
Definition of forsterite
: a mineral consisting of magnesian olivine specifically : magnesium silicate Mg2SiO4 constituting the essential component of some refractories
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game