Definition of forced labor
1 : very hard physical work that someone is forced to do The prisoners endured years of forced labor.
2 : a group of people who are made to work very hard for no money also : a system that allows this The railroad was built with/by forced labor.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game