force/ram/shove (something) down someone's throatidiom
Definition of force/ram/shove (something) down someone's throat
: to force someone to accept or like (something, such as one's ideas or beliefs) She was always forcing her opinions down his throat.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game