force on/uponphrasal verb
forced on/upon; forcing on/upon; forces on/upon
Definition of force on/upon
: to cause (someone or something that is not wanted) to be accepted by (someone) They resent having these decisions forced on them. I don't like the way he keeps forcing himself on us.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?