Definition of foot rule
: a stick one foot long for measuring length or distance carpenter with foot rule, notebook, and pencil— May Sinclair broadly : a standard of measurement or judgment measured with the foot rule of the individual life — S. A. Coblentz
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?