fool about withidiom
Definition of fool about with
1 : to use or do (something) in a way that is not very serious I'm not really a painter; I just like to fool about with paints.
2 : to handle or play with (something) in a careless or foolish way Don't fool about with that gun.
3 : to have sex with (someone who is not one's husband, wife, or regular partner) His wife discovered that he was fooling about with his secretary.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?