follow up on (something)idiom
Definition of follow up on (something)
1 : to try to get more information about (something) The police followed up on the leads.
2 : to do something in response to (something) : to take appropriate action about (something) He says that the police failed to follow up on his complaints.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game