follow through on/withidiom
Definition of follow through on/with
1 : to complete (an activity or process that has been started) He doesn't follow through on his good intentions. We feared they would follow through on/with their threat.
2 sports : to complete a stroke or swing You should follow through on your backhand .
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Piano': Its Name Is Only Half the Story
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/15/19
- 'Cliché': We’ve Heard It All Before
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
Ask the Editors
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game