Definition of flying boom
: a rigid fuel pipe flexibly joined to the tail of a tanker airplane and fitted at its after end with airfoils which are controllable from the tanker and which permit it to be guided into contact with an airplane being refueled in flight
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?