Definition of float fishing
1 : the practice of fishing from a boat or raft allowed to float down a river
2 chiefly British : the art or practice of fishing usually with live bait at the end of a line buoyed by a float
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game