Definition of fixturing
: the process or means by which an object is supported and secured during a manufacturing process The task of restraining objects sometimes is called fixturing, and the task of manipulating objects with fingers (in contrast to manipulation with the robot arm) sometimes is called dexterous manipulation.— Xiong Caihua et al. The problem of fixture placement is to compute the possible placements of fixturing elements in order to constrain all motions of a given part.— R. C. Bolles et al.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game