fix one's eyes/gaze/stare on/uponidiom
Definition of fix one's eyes/gaze/stare on/upon
: to look at (someone or something) steadily Everyone fixed their eyes on her as she entered the room.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game