Definition of five-and-ten
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a retail store that carries chiefly inexpensive merchandise (such as notions and household goods)
— called also five-and-dime
five-ten limitsplural noun
Definition of five-ten limits (Entry 2 of 2)
: limitations fixing the maximum liability of an insurer at $5000 for the bodily injury or death of any one person and subject to the same limit per person at $10,000 for any one accident irrespective of how many persons are killed or injured
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game