Definition of fish glue
: either of two gelatinous substances obtained from fish waste products:
a : isinglass
b : a strong adhesive obtained by heating with water especially the skins, fins, and bones of fish (as cod, haddock, or hake) and used chiefly in liquid form in the cold
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game