Definition of first pick
1 : the opportunity to choose first The girls got to choose their partners, and she got (the) first pick.
2 : the person or thing that is chosen ahead of all others She was their first pick for the lead role in the play.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game