Definition of fireproofing
1 : material used to make something fireproof asbestos used as fireproofing
2 : the act of making something fireproof : the act of protecting something using fireproof materials When the temperature reaches 2,000 degrees, fireproofing becomes a joke.— Thaddeus Kusmierski
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?