fire limitsplural noun
Definition of fire limits
: the limits fixed by a town or city government within which only structures meeting certain specifications with respect to fire resistance are permitted, there being sometimes two or three such zones with varying requirements
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game