finish withphrasal verb
finished with; finishing with; finishes with
Definition of finish with
1 : to have no further need for (something) : to stop using (something) Could I see the newspaper when you finish with it?
2 : to stop being involved with (someone) : to end a romantic relationship with (someone) She and her boyfriend had another fight, and now she says she's going to finish with him once and for all.
3 : to stop dealing with, working on, or punishing (someone or something) When I finish with him he'll be sorry! I haven't finished with you yet!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game