Definition of finger sponge
: a sponge having finger-shaped lobes especially : a common red or orange sponge (Chalina oculata) related to the important commercial sponges and widely distributed in shallow waters on both coasts of the Atlantic ocean
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game