find it in one's heartidiom
Definition of find it in one's heart
: to bring oneself to do something (such as forgive another person) that is emotionally difficult —used with to + infinitive I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game