Definition of fifteen ball
: a pool game using a cue ball and 15 numbered balls racked in order with the highest at the apex of the triangle and in which players are credited with points corresponding to the number on the pocketed ball, the first to score 61 points being the winner
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Looking at ‘Bothsidesing’
- On ‘Infringe,’ ‘Encroach,’ and ‘Impinge’
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/20/19
- A Note on the Nonbinary 'They'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?