Definition of fibrous-rooted begonia
: a begonia with fibrous rather than rhizomatous or tuberous roots especially : any of numerous rather small bushy free-flowering begonias with white, pink, or red single or double flowers that have been developed in cultivation from a Brazilian wild plant (Begonia semperflorens) — compare rhizomatous begonia, tuberous begonia
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game