Definition of feverweed
1 : any of several plants of the genus Eryngium (as E. aquaticum of the southern U.S. or E. campestre of Europe)
2 : an American false foxglove (Gerardia pedicularia)
3 : a verbena (Verbena stricta) of the southwestern U.S.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game