Definition of fernleaf
1 : a delicate red alga (Callithamnion gracillimum) with finely divided thallus
2 : a disease of tomatoes caused by the cucumber mosaic virus and characterized by mottling and fernlike narrowing of the leaves
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game