Definition of fern-bush
: a low densely branched very leafy white-flowered shrub (Chamaebatiaria milbefolium) of the family Rosaceae that is widely distributed in dry uplands of the western U.S.
— called also desert sweet
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game