fer·gu·son·ite | \ ˈfərgəsəˌnīt\
Definition of fergusonite
: a brownish black mineral (Y,Er,Ce,Fe,)(Nb,Ta,Ti)O4 consisting essentially of an oxide of yttrium, erbium, niobium, and tantalum with other metals often including uranium and isomorphous with formanite (hardness 5.5–6)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game