Definition of feigned issue
: an issue framed often by an equity court or by arrangement of the parties in order to try before a jury a question of fact which the court either has not the power to try or is unwilling to try : an issue of fact that does not actually exist between the parties to litigation since it is based upon an obvious fiction
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game