plural feis or fei
Definition of fei
: a wild banana (Musa fehi) widely cultivated in Polynesia and distinguished by an upright fruiting stalk bearing large thick fruits that have reddish orange or yellow skin and are edible only when cooked
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?