plural feeding frenzies
: a frenzy of eating : a wildly aggressive attack of prey by an animal or group of animals
- sharks in a feeding frenzy
- Chemoreception seems to be highly developed in this snake and the smell of prey is sufficient to initiate a feeding frenzy.
- —Douglas Cable et al.
: an intensely and often wildly competitive and aggressive human activity likened to frenzied feeding by predatory animals
- They do not relish the journalistic feeding frenzy that will greet the senator's likely appearance on the witness stand.
- —U.S. News & World Report
- Most of the Westerners who attended the heavily hyped sale knew very little about Soviet art — or the Soviet Union for that matter — but were whipped into a feeding frenzy by the historic excitement of the moment.
- —Harlow Robinson