Definition of feed roll
1 or feed roller : a roll or one of two or more rolls by which material is drawn or fed into a machine
2 : one of a set of small rubber rolls under the platen of a typewriter that help to roll the paper and hold it in place during typing
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game