feed on/uponphrasal verb
fed on/upon; feeding on/upon; feeds on/upon
Definition of feed on/upon
: to eat (something) as food —usually used of animals Owls feed on insects, birds, and small mammals.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game