federal public lawnoun
Definition of federal public law
: the federal law as embodied in the rules, regulations, and decisions of public federal administrative agencies entrusted with the enforcement of various federal statutes as distinguished from the decisions of the federal courts interpreting and applying these statutes in individual cases
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game