faux sa·ti·ne | \ ¦fōˌsatᵊnˈā\
Definition of faux satine
: a light-tan oily wood that is obtained from cypress knees and is valued chiefly for its crotch figure which is used in ornamental veneers
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game