Definition of fatism
: prejudice or discrimination against fat people Never has it been more socially and professionally unacceptable to be fat in Britain … . At a time when racism, sexism and ageism have become taboo, fatism is the last acceptable prejudice. — Carol Midgley, The Times (London), 16 Feb. 2001
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game