Definition of fat liquor
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a liquor made of an emulsion of soap and fat (as castor oil or degras) or of sulfonated oil and used in tanning leather
Definition of fat-liquor (Entry 2 of 2)
: to fill the fiber of (a leather) with oil or fat : treat (leather) with fat liquor
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game