fast rednoun, often capitalized F&R
Definition of fast red
: any of several fast red azo dyes: such as
a : a monoazo acid dye that dyes wool and silk red
— called also Fast Red A
b : a monoazo acid dye that dyes wool and silk claret and is used chiefly as a biological stain
— called also Bordeaux B, Bordeaux red, Fast Red B
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game