Definition of fanfic
: fan fiction These stories are an example of a widespread Web phenomenon known as fan fiction, or fanfic, creative writing that uses existing characters.— Pamela LiCalzi O'Connell also : an example of fan fiction : a story written by a fan When it comes to fanfics, no story line is too ridiculous or far-fetched; provided you write your story well, you are sure to receive some positive reviews. — Nicola Hassapis
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game