family of nations
Definition of family of nations
1 : the group of nations recognized as having equal status under international law oceans are regarded as the common property of the family of nations
2 : a group of nations united by common historical, political, or ideological ties members of the British family of nations— Herbert Dorn
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?