family of nations
Definition of family of nations
1 : the group of nations recognized as having equal status under international law oceans are regarded as the common property of the family of nations
2 : a group of nations united by common historical, political, or ideological ties members of the British family of nations— Herbert Dorn
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game