Definition of family history
1 : past occurrences (of a medical or mental health condition) in family members or past incidences (of a type of behavior) by family members They have a family history of heart disease. a family history of violence
2 : a record of one's ancestors He can trace his family history all the way back to the Pilgrims.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?